| Business Owners | Independent Skilled | Skilled Independent Regional |
| Employer Nomination Scheme
| | Regional Sponsored | Spouse or Partner |
New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship | Working Holiday | | Business Long Stay |
| Retirement | Student | Other Country |


Business Owners

For people to assist in the economic development of Australia. This visa allows you to stay in Australia on a permanent basis for the purpose of owning a new or existing business.

Independent Skilled

This visa program, also known as the General Skilled Migration program, is for people who are not sponsored by an employer and who have skills in particular occupations required in Australia.  You will find these occupations on Australia's Skilled Occupation List (SOL).

Applicants must be over 18 and under 45 years of age, with good English language ability, and recent skilled work experience unless they recently completed an eligible Australian qualification.

Skilled Independent Regional

The purpose of this visa is to allow skilled workers who are unable to meet the criteria for a permanent visa, the opportunity to eventually apply for residence in Australia provided they are prepared to live for two (2) years, and work at least 12 months, in a regional or low population growth metropolitan area in Australia.

This visa requires sponsorship by a participating State or Territory government or delegated Regional Certifying Body (NSW only). All states and territories, with the exception of the ACT, are participating.

Employer Nomination Scheme

This visa is for Australian employers who want to sponsor highly skilled workers for a permanent visa to work in Australia. The employees can be either:

-           highly skilled workers from overseas
-           highly skilled temporary residents currently in Australia

There are several requirements for the employee to meet in the way of skill, age, English ability, health, character, job offer, salary requirements etc.

Regional Sponsored

The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) is for employers in regional Australia, to fill skilled positions they are unable to fill from the local labour market.

Under the RSMS, employers are able to nominate staff from overseas or temporary residents currently in Australia to fill full-time, permanent vacancies.

Spouse or Partner

Partners of Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizens may apply to enter and/or remain permanently in Australia. Partners include:

-           people intending to get married
-           married partners
-           de facto partners
-           interdependent partners (including those in a same-sex relationship).

For people to stay in Australia with their partner, who must be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen. If two years after you apply the spousal relationship is ongoing, a permanent visa may be granted.

New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship

From February, 2001, New Zealand Citizens are no longer regarded as permanent residents of Australia, they are temporary visa holders.  This has affected New Zealand Citizens the most when they have come to live in Australia after this day with their partner/spouse whom is from another country and requires sponsorship.

This visa allows the New Zealand Citizen to sponsor their overseas partner for a 5 year temporary visa to remain in Australia.

Working Holiday

This visa is for overseas residents between the ages of 18 and 30 of several different countries to apply to come and work and travel in Australia for a period of 12 months.

There have been several advantageous changes been made to the Working Holiday visa recently.  The visa now allows you to work for 6 consecutive months for any one employer instead of the previous 3 months.  It also allows you to apply for another 12 month visa if you have completed three months seasonal work in regional Australia on your first Working Holiday visa.

Business Long Stay

The 457 business sponsored visa is designed for employers to employ overseas workers to fill nominated skilled positions in Australia where the position cannot be fulfilled by an Australian Citizen/Permanent Resident. 

With this visa, a company can employ overseas workers for a period of between three (3) months and four (4) years.

You need to have an employer who is willing and able to sponsor you and you and the employer must meet several immigration requirements in the way of skill, health, character, salary, training requirements etc.


This visa is designed for self-funded retirees who have no dependants and who want to reside in Australia during their retirement years. The visa is temporary and will not lead to Australian permanent residence or citizenship.

People from overseas who are 55 years or older, have no dependants (other than a spouse who can be any age), are self supported, and are able to make a significant long term financial investment in Australia.


There are several different student visa options from primary or secondary school courses to higher level education.  Your requirement would need to be assessed on an individual case by case basis.


Next Step Migration Pty Ltd

PO Box 7
Freshwater NSW 2096
Ph: 0419 779 043
ABN: 54 156 395 256

Registered Migration Agent No: 0101899